Finding the right skincare is not like shopping for clothes. When it comes to shopping for clothes, you already have a fairly good idea of what style or size to wear. However, in finding skincare products, it is not always that simple and there is always room for improvement.
With so many options available, it is easy to get overwhelmed in the skincare aisle. To determine what rustic hyde skin care australia products your skin needs, here is a breakdown of skin types and how to find the right product that will truly suit your skin:
Thin or thick
Keep in mind that your skin’s density will affect how your skin looks as you age. In most cases, those with thick skin may experience more skin drooping or laxity. People with thin skin, on the other hand, are more vulnerable to dilated capillaries and premature wrinkles.
- How to tell skin density: you can tell by pinching your cheek in the fleshy part. For thin skin, the separation between the fingers should be 0.5 to 1 cm. For medium skin, you will feel a 1 to 1.5 cm separation. Lastly, thick-skinned people will pinch more than 1.5 cm of skin.
- What you can do: if you veer on the thin side, you should look for skincare products with high levels of retinol. Retinol is the most effective ingredient when it comes to strengthening the epidermis as well as plumping the skin. If you veer on the thick side, you should also look for products with high levels of retinol as it can stimulate the production of elastin and collagen making your skin tighter and firmer.
Dry or oily
You are already aware that excess oil and sebum can lead to pore clogging, acne, blackheads, and inflammation. However, a lack of sebum will lead to skin dryness and hasten wrinkle development. With this, it is important that you keep your skin in good balance.
- How to tell skin texture: you need to wash and dry your face before blotting the skin with a tissue. If the tissue sticks, it means your skin is oily but if it does not soak up any oil, it means your skin is dry.
- What you can do: if you have oily skin, you should cleanse using a facial wash with salicylic acid. After, use oil-free products and reduce the use of cosmetics. For dry skin, you need to increase hydration by upping your liquid intake.
The best face skin care products australia will make your skin healthy. Remember that healthy skin is a strong skin. If you have sensitive or weak skin, it is imperative that you strengthen it.
- How to tell skin sensitivity: a sensitive skin is easily irritated by environmental factors and certain products. Moreover, sensitive skin is frequently inflamed. Strong skin, on the other hand, is tolerant, rarely feels dry and even-toned.
- What you can do: the best thing that you can do to your skin is to avoid unnecessary use of chemicals and products. When you use products, look for anti-inflammatory ingredients like chamomile, aloe vera, and feverfew.
It is important that you match a good skin care regimen with a healthy lifestyle. As much as possible, you need to actively stick to your skincare routine. This is how you effectively slow down the signs of aging.