Most people by now are aware that a good night’s sleep is essential for a healthy living. But did you know the connection between sleep and beauty? If you want to look beautiful with glowing skin then sleep is crucial. To get this beauty sleep at night there are many factors which include food, exercise, and lifestyle. But another most important contributor to quality beauty sleep is a good mattress. Read below to know more about the connection between sleep and mattress.
Before delving into the connection between sleep and mattress it is essential to understand how sleep enhances your beauty
Sleep enhances Beauty
Goodbye to Puffy Eyes: If you wake up with puffy eyes it is an indication that you have not had a good night’s sleep. Even though you get puffiness as you age, it can be delayed by taking proper rest. Another thing is, a good slumber helps in getting rid of dark circles. A point to note here is, to reduce puffiness it is best to sleep on your back so that gravity does not pull the skin and loosen it.
Fewer Wrinkles: During sleep, the body produces many hormones, among them the growth hormone collagen is essential. So when you sleep better, there is enough collagen production which aids in keeping the skin healthy and tight. It prevents wrinkles and helps you look younger than your age.
Better Skin Complexion: When you get enough rest at night, the cortisol production which is related to stress is reduced. When this cortisol is produced less in the body there will be fewer acne and breakouts and that implies better skin complexion.
Wake up Refreshed and Relaxed: There are many studies which show that it is not just the sleep quantity but also how good you feel that affects the energy levels. So you would have seen some people who sleep less than 7 hours are energized and refreshed as they feel well-rested despite sleeping less.
What happens when you Sleep?
Now that you know how sleep can affect your beauty, it is essential to understand what happens during sleep which makes it so beneficial.
- When you hit the bed, the skin repairs oxygenates and rejuvenates itself.
- The body produces growth hormones during deep sleep and helps in recovering from injury and also better functioning of the immune system.
- Cellular repair also happens during a deep sleep stage which aids in repairing the damaged skin.
- Improves metabolism, boosts blood circulation which results in lessen puffiness and wrinkles.
The connection between Sleep and Mattress
A good mattress is an important tool for a good night’s sleep. So if you sleep better then you wake up fresh and glowing the next morning. There are many sleep-related theories and among them sleeping early is one of them. But in today’s environment, the focus should be to get a good comfortable sleep of 6 to 8 hours rather than stressing on sleeping early. To get that comfortable sleep, a quality mattress plays an important role. It helps in the following ways:
- Sleeping on a quality mattress helps in better posture and also helps the spine maintain its natural alignment.
- Sleeping on a proper mattress will help in having a healthy mind, body and glowing skin.
- It helps the sleeper to get the right amount of sleep
- It helps in solving many sleep disorders
- It alleviates pain and aches in joints
- During sleep, the body releases all the toxic hormones present in the body. As sleeping on a proper mattress helps in increasing the sleep quantity thereby releasing all the toxic hormones accumulated in the body.
- A comfortable mattress lures you to a deep slumber and also helps you to sleep through the night without any sleep disturbances.
A mattress plays a major role in getting the right amount of sleep; hence it is important to have a correct mattress. The bed that you sleep on should be based on your sleeping position and body type recommends sleep experts from Wakefit. It should also be of the right firmness, offering the right comfort and support so that it does not affect the sleep. A memory foam mattress is one such type of mattress, it provides support, comfort, and restive sleep.
There are many disadvantages of poor-quality sleep. It causes several health problems, sleep disorders, and skin issues. Getting the right amount of sleep is needed to maintain a good work-life balance and also a healthy lifestyle. Since there is a deep connection between skin health and sleep it is necessary to have a good look at your mattress. A good mattress will help you get to sleep immediately after you hit the bed and also enable you to sleep through the night, so that you wake up feeling beautiful, refreshed, and ready to take on the challenges of the day.