Nutrition does not mean eating healthy, it means eating food that caters to the need of your body type. The body type is not only how the body looks, but how the physique responds to different types of food and also to the weather and climate around an individual. Depending on these factors, nutritionists have divided human bodies into three body types: Ectomorph, Mesomorph, and Endomorph. It is good for you to understand your body type so that you could choose the nutrition that suits your body. You can find a diet that suits you and you will be well-nourished and healthy. Diets change along with different body types, a diet well suited to a particular body type does not mean that it would be suitable for all the different body types.
Why is it necessary to understand each type of body?
It is necessary to understand different types of the body so that a customized diet could be prepared according to the needs of the body. Customized diets have several benefits, nutrients are better absorbed as per the needs of the body, the diet helps the individual to lose or gain weight according to the needs of the body and an individual gets more energy to go about with his daily businesses.
Let us now take a look at the different types of human bodies:
- Mesomorph: These individuals have a very stable body type. They lose and gain weight according to the food they eat. They have a medium body build.
- Ectomorph: This type of person has a body that is usually very thin. They do not gain weight irrespective of the food they eat. Nutritional counselors refer to this body type as a generally thin body type.
- Endomorph: These individuals tend to gain weight very easily. They gain weight from anything they eat and then they have a very hard time losing weight.
Eating according to the needs of the body
Body types and diet have a direct influence on the personality of an individual. The physiological and psychological traits of individuals are directly dependent on the nutrition the body absorbs from the diet. Therefore, to have a healthy life it is necessary to eat not according to what you like but to eat according to what your body wants.
Here is a detailed description of diet according to your body type:
- The Ectomorph Diet: The ectomorphs are sometimes ridiculed for being the luckiest people in the world because they do not gain weight. But being too thin also has its disadvantages. The nutritional counselors advise that the ectomorphs should have a diet that should be rich in macronutrients like carbohydrates, proteins and fats so that they could gain weight and have a moderate physique. Proteins could be found from a diet that should contain pulses, dairy products, egg whites and lean meats. Foods like brown rice and vegetables are rich in carbohydrates, which provide you with the necessary energy to carry on with your regular workload. Olive oil and nuts are sources of good fat and that helps reduce the sugar spikes from the carb intake.
- The Mesomorph Diet: These individuals find it very easy to maintain a fit and healthy body. Therefore, to keep up the good health, the mesomorphs should have a balanced diet of protein, carbohydrates and they should make it a point to include plenty of green vegetables in their diet. The advantage of having a mesomorphic body is that even if you gain weight due to some reason, you can shed off those extra kilos with regular exercise and a balanced diet. Three meals a day and regular exercise are more than enough to keep the individuals having this body type fit and active.
- The Endomorph Diet: Individuals who are endomorphs have trouble losing weight because they take a very long time to digest their food. Therefore, they gain weight very easily. These kinds of bodies respond very well to a diet that comprises raw salads and cooked vegetables, this is because salads and vegetables keep a person full for a long time. Besides, these people could maintain their physique if they could cut off all sorts of starch and carbohydrates from their diets like pasta, rice, and any kind of sweet. Two meals in a difference of eight hours are more than enough to keep endomorphs healthy.
Preparing a diet based on these tips would not only help you to be healthy but would also induce positivity in your lives.