Sexual health is a state of mental, physical, emotional and social well-being concerning sexuality as per the World Health Organization. It does not include only the absence of disease dysfunction or infirmity but something more than this. A respectful and positive approach to sexuality and sexual relationship is needed in sexual health. It also includes the theory of having pleasurable and safe sexual experiences, violence, discrimination, and being free of coercion.
The ability to hug and enjoy sexuality throughout our life is all about sexual health. It is an important part of our physical and emotional health. Sexually healthy includes various aspects like –
- To respect and recognize the sexual right we all share.
- To understand that sexuality is a natural part of life and involves more than sexual behaviour.
- To be capable of experiencing the satisfaction in sexual pleasure and intimacy.
- An effort to prevent unintended pregnancies and STDs and seek care and treatment when needed.
- To be capable of communicating about sexual health with others including sexual partners and health care providers.
Sexual health clinic provides you with confidential counselling and medical services. Some of the services offered by sexual health services are:-
- Testing for pregnancy.
- Vaccines for Hepatitis A and Bad HPV vaccines
- Counselling and prescription for birth control.
- Emergency birth control pill
- Anonymous HIV/AIDS testing
- Vaccines for Hepatitis A ad B
- Information on STIs including STI testing and treatment
- Needle exchange services.
- Pregnancy testing and free condoms.
All the above services can be used by anyone, irrespective of any gender, race or sexual orientation and many clinics provide wheelchairs to patients.
Sexual health clinics are also known as a genitourinary medicine (GUM) or sexual and reproductive health (SRH) services. All the clinics do not provide every service and hence one should check with the individual clinic about the services provided.
Sexual health GUM clinic in London provide people with all types of regular checks. Besides counselling and checks, they also offer an alternative to NHS services for infections and diseases like Herpes and Chlamydia, Gonorrhoea, etc.
The health clinic ensures that you and your partner are in perfect health if you had an unfortunate sexual encounter or starting a new relationship with other people and in case you want to have a sexual check conducted.
Sexual health clinic enable people to be aware of all aspects of sexual health and what it takes to have a fulfilling sex life. One should know about the various factors that can complicate sexual health. Embarrassment should not keep you away from asking questions or bringing up your concerns with your doctor.
Getting a regular sexual check-up in sexual health clinic has its benefits. Read further to know some of them:-
- You feel less stressed as you know that you are taking care of your sexual health.
- Relationship becomes stronger with your partner with trust, better communication and builds respect for each other’s health and body.
- Discuss with your doctor about contraception and other sexual health issues.
Get in touch with the nearest sexual health clinic and maintain health and enjoy sexual health.