Skin is one of the crucial organs in the human body. This organ protects inner body parts such as tissues, bones, and muscles. Other than the protective role, the human skin dictates the appearance of the individuals. However, certain disorders such as rashes and rosacea may interfere with skin wellness, thus undermining the individual’s attractiveness and appearance. Besides, these disorders are painful, especially when left untreated for a long time. Therefore, if you experience such skin conditions, you should seek appropriate treatment immediately. Downtown DC IPL provides an effective treatment for different skin conditions, thus improving your skin wellness. The following is vital information that you need to know about the IPL treatment.
Preparation for the IPL treatment
The following are some tips you should observe before undergoing this procedure;
Shave your hair
Many people opt for IPL treatments to avoid hair growth in some parts of the skin. However, you should ensure that the target area is free from any hair to avoid a burning sensation on the skin during the procedure. Additionally, shaving allows the energy light to reach the key areas easily.
Smoking usually interferes with blood circulation by introducing cigarette toxins, which can hamper the procedure’s success. Therefore, individuals should stop their smoking habits before undergoing the IPL procedure.
Evade sun exposure
Excessive exposure to direct sunlight can increase melanin production, which can hamper the effectiveness of the IPL procedure. Therefore individuals should avoid direct UV rays before undergoing this procedure. If it is necessary to walk through the sunlight, use sunscreens to protect your skin.
Monitor your skin concerns
Different skins are susceptible to diverse conditions. Therefore, you should contact your dermatologist to evaluate the disorders in your skin, such as sun damage, brown spots, and wrinkles. Assessment of your skin is necessary for recommending a sequence of IPL treatments better for your results.
Individuals who have been taking antibiotics should quit taking them since they increase the photosensitivity of the skin. Notably, individuals with more photosensitive skins are more likely to experience discomfort during the IPL procedure.
Benefits of the IPL treatments
Here is why this procedure should remain your number one choice in the treatment of your skin;
- It is suitable for any part of the body: unlike other skin treatment procedures, it can be applied anywhere on the skin, such as on the neck and shoulder.
- It is relatively cheap: IPL provides long-term results that do not require a regular visit for other skin treatments, thus saving your pocket.
- Allows supplementary treatments: this procedure can be conducted with other skin treatment procedures such as chemical peels, thus effectively targeting the inner and outermost layers of skin.
- No pain: This procedure is less invasive; it only uses high-energy lights in the skin treatments.
- Quick results: many skin treatment procedures have a downtime, thus consuming much time before the results. However, the IPL procedures take around fifteen to thirty minutes to get results, thus saving your time.
Skin disorders vary from one person to another. However, the common results are that they lead to discomfort and low self-esteem. I have good news for you if you have been experiencing a skin condition. Metroderm DC: Medical, Laser, and Aesthetic Dermatology Center have a team of experienced dermatologists who offer efficient skin treatment procedures. Visit the facility today and live a happy life again.